Bruce Walcheck, Council Liaison
About the Membership Committee
The Membership Committee is composed of a chair as appointed by the President plus 4 to 5 members, each serving a term of three years. A council member, as appointed by the President, will serve as a liaison between the committee and the council.
The primary purposes of this body are to increase individual memberships in the Society and to determine effectiveness of member recruitment initiatives. This may include a review of member benefits and efforts to increase networking opportunities for members. The committee chair also confers with the Executive Director on acceptance of new member applications and Emeritus applications.
Activities and Responsibilities:
1. Handles all requests for Emeritus membership. (Moved from secretary)
2. Reviews membership drive efforts and makes recommendations for enhanced processes.
3. Tracks membership numbers and committee liaison reports to council at the 2 annual council meetings on trends
4. Reviews member benefits and makes suggestions on enhanced programs.
5. Review related web pages and make suggestions for keeping content up-to-date.